Jun 22, 2020 6:21 PM (12+ Months)
At DesirousParty, we go all out to throw the hottest, most provocative Lifestyle events in discreet and safe settings. Keeping that goal in mind, and out of an abundance of caution following the Texas Governor’s most recent press conference regarding COVID, the staff at DesirousParty has made the difficult decision to reschedule Purgatory 2020 to Labor Day Weekend, September 3rd to 6th at the Doubletree IAH Hotel. We do not take the postponement of DP’s premier annual event lightly but feel this is the best compromise to promote both the safety and pleasure of our guests. Please feel free to direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your flexibility and support during this unprecedented time and look forward to continuing the Purgatory party tradition in sultry September.
Purgatory 2020 Highlights- Bullet Points
Aug 11, 2020 7:51 PM (10+ Months)
Quick update for Purgatory 2020. We have a walk thru meeting this Thursday with hotel management to go over the Purgatory event from A to Z. We continue to follow https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/ and watch as the stats continue to track downward. We are still proceeding with multiple event stages day and night to help spread evveryone out. After the meetings on Thursday I will update everyone and then start mapping out the full itinerary and filling in dj slots into the timeline. Also just a reminder that this year will host a Sunday Funday pool party as well. The outside pool courtyard is over 50,000 sq feet so great way to spread everyone out as well. Full party details and a full event forum with virus protocols, themes and more can be found here on the site in the event page or in the multiple forum discussions.
Aug 13, 2020 8:01 PM (10+ Months)
Today we had a walk thru meeting with DoubleTree hotel management for Purgatory 2020. Discussed was the layout of event areas, compliance of the states restaurant/bar 50% regulations, virus protocols and most importantly the new enhancements and amenities for Purgatory 2020. As mentioned we have doubled our event space at the DT as we now have well over 50,000 sq. ft and thats a conservative number. We have added all of these extra event areas, square footage and amenities to help ensure we follow the protocols. But please remember your safety is up to you and we encourage you to follow virus protocols when in the public areas. The hotel will also be doing temp checks on their staff, wearing masks/gloves and sanitizing all event areas throughout the day.
1. With current mask protocols and out of a abundance of safety. When inside the event areas which is past the black curtains where staff will greet you. You will be required to wear a mask (state guidelines). Outside in the massive courtyard pool area you should be able to social distance and if so then a mask will not be required. Of course when in the pool, sitting at a table or eating/drinking then a mask is not required. We do this to meet county and state guidelines and in a effort to keep everyone safe.
2. All guests will have their temperature checked prior to wristbands being issued. If you are feeling sick, feverish then please do not attempt to attend Purgatory. We will gladly forward your event credit to a future event. The hotel will also have extra staff on hand sanitizing day and night. Along with the new sanitize protocols implemented by DoubleTree/Hilton .
3. No Yeti/RTIC etc cups in event areas. All bars will use plastic throw away cups. This is for hygeine and sanitation. Also please wash hands frequently and use sanitize dispenspers frequently.
4, DesirousParty holds our guests’ privacy and safety as top priority which is reflected in our decision to double the venue space by moving the party location to the DoubleTree Hotel. The DoubleTree Hotel property provides over 50,000 square feet of event space and allows DesirousParty staff to host party goers in multiple venue areas throughout the hotel during the day and night time events. This facilitates more social distancing. From the ballrooms to the pool to event areas day and night, guests will find parties, more event space for a full hotel takeover of just Purgatory guests. Yes, multiple dj stages and events going day and night. We are greatly expanding Purgatory 2020 as adding more to your party package.
5. Mixers- meet n greets- In years past we held these events at the end of the day in the early evening. For Purgatory 2020 we will be moving these events to mid afternoon on all three days. This will give guests a opportunity to leave the beats behind and meet some new faces or reconnect with friends they havent seen in awhile. The Craziers will be hosting the mixers. More information and times will be updated later.
6. Events- this year all bars/food stations will be scattered throughout the hotel in the event areas. To assist in not congregating a large crowd and help social distance. If you attended NYE then you have seen the new layout we are using for our Purgatory Grand Ballroom bar which gives guests four bar sides to get a beverage.
We look forward to hosting you this year at Purgatory 2020 in a safe manner. Yet also the high energy and upscale sexy fashion that Purgatory is known for.
Aug 17, 2020 6:06 PM (10+ Months)
Single night reservation are now available on the hotel booking link. Link can be found by clicking the Purgatory flier on the main page of the site.